Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Upcoming London events

Home The Just Act Forum Champions Upcoming London events

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All

We’ve got a couple of upcoming events in London that you might be interested in attending.

Champions Induction

The event is designed to support you in all aspects of being a Champion. We’ll look at what it means to be a Champion, tell you more about the My Community Network and Just Act, and the many opportunities on offer for you to get involved.

We’ll also run a skills development session featuring hints and tips on how to be a fantastic Champion – but also to find out from you how we could help you to develop as part of the role. On top of all that, there’ll be the opportunity to network and chat to other inspirational Champions just like you!

Book your free place here

Date: 2 February 2016
    Time: 10 am – 2 pm
    Venue: Blackfriars Settlement, Rushworth Street, London SE1 0RB

Agenda
    10 – 10.30am Registration and networking
    10.30 – 11am Welcome and introduction to My Community network
    11 – 11.30am Being a Champion; what it means and how to get involved
    11.30 – 12.30pm Skills development session; supporting you to be a champion
    12.30 – 1pm Upcoming opportunities
    1 – 2pm Lunch and networking

We’ll cover reasonable travel expenses for the day – and lunch is included.

We hope you can join us! But if you’re unable to attend we’ll be holding another event in Birmingham on March 24 2016. We’ll be sending out more details about the Birmingham date shortly but for now please save the date!

My Community Hub

Time: 12pm – 3pm
    Phone: 020 7812 5452

The London My Community Hub is a networking space for like-minded people involved with projects in their community.
    This session will have a speaker from the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) who will be talking about Neighbourhood Planning and your area, and will be able to answer any questions you might have as well as chatting about how things are looking for the future.

There will be lots of opportunity for group discussion, making and building connections and looking at ways of working together to support community development and how the My Community Hub can help to support that.

There will of course also be time for networking and to share any successes or get support from your peers. It looks like a really good afternoon and we hope to see you there!

There will be sandwiches available so please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.

To book your free place please click here

Any questions about either event please email mycommunitynetwork@cdf.org.uk

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Gemma

Profile photo of Lydia
    Lydia
    Participant

Hello to everyone who has recently volunteered to become a My Community Champion! I’m the Communications Manager at Locality and we’re responsible for publishing news, blogs and resources about the Community Rights over on the My Community website (http://mycommunity.org.uk/). I’d love to hear from any Champions who are interested in writing blogs or sharing stories about their community projects for the website. We’re always looking for a ‘Community of the Week’ – any takers?! Lydia

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Lydia Et Al**

Hi Lydia Et Al.

NALC encourages all My Community Champions who are parish councillors to attend the Champions’ Induction on 2/2/16.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.