Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

SEA for Neighbourhood Planning

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… SEA for Neighbourhood Planning

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Emma Emma 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tessa
    Tessa
    Participant

Hello there – has anyone here been asked to do an SEA for their Neighbourhood Plan? We are nearing the end of our process and concerned that we may still be asked to do one (meeting the Planning Officer tomorrow).

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks
    Tessa
    Trull Neighbourhood Plan

Profile photo of Nicola
    Nicola
    Participant

I know that St Minver Parish Council in Cornwall have been told they require one as they have a SSI in their Parish. When I was doing a locality funding interview I was told our (neighbouring) PC might need one too, only to have that refuted by the AONB office!

Profile photo of Philip Rowe
    Philip Rowe
    Participant

Hi Tessa, yes we will need to have a Strategic Environmental Assessment of our NDP. We have proceeded to pre-submission stage and then will submit it to our District Council for them to carry out the SEA. Hopefully all will be well & we will submit the final version with any necessary amendments incorporated arising from the SEA. Hope this helps. Phil Rowe Newton Abbot NDP

Profile photo of Tessa
    Tessa
    Participant

Thanks very much!

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Phil R.**

Hi Phil.

Many congratulations on NATC acceptance to the COMA programme and for your help on Just Act! on NP.

We are finding that many potential or actual asset transfers are triggered as a result of the NP journey, nationally.

Thanks and very best,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Miriam
    Miriam
    Participant

Hi Tessa

This guidance on SEAs might be useful: http://planningguidance.planningportal.gov.uk/blog/guidance/strategic-environmental-assessment-and-sustainability-appraisal/

Also you could apply for Grant / Technical support to get help to do an SEA. There’s lots of inof here about how to apply to Locality for funding: http://mycommunity.org.uk/programme/neighbourhood-planning/?_a=funding

Good luck!
    Miriam

Community mobilisation manager, neighbourhood planning and community rights
    Deprtment for Communities and Local Government

Profile photo of Emma
    Emma
    Participant

Hi all

Emma from Locality here, I’d just got a notification about this and logged in to reply but see that Miriam has helpfully beaten me to it with the links to the SEA guidance and our website.

If anyone’s got any specific questions about applying for grant/technical support to help them with an SEA please feel free to drop me a line directly emma.critchley@locality.org.uk
    Thanks
    Emma

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.