September 14, 2015 at 10:21 am #11517
Just to let you know that there will be the chance to take part in a live chat with the Our Place team on 24 September 2015 at 12.15pm
You can ask any questions you might have about the programme and this is a good chance to discuss your Operational Plans.
If you can’t make the live chat you can always post your questions here beforehand and we’ll make sure they get answered.
Any problems logging in or with your Just Act account please email firstname.lastname@example.org
GemmaSeptember 15, 2015 at 10:53 am #11527
Who are “Our Place”?September 15, 2015 at 3:41 pm #11528
Our Place is one of the Community Rights programmes where local people identify the issues that matter the most to them, and then they come up with plans which look at redesigning and delivering services locally. It’s a great programme and you can find out more about it here
The live chat is an opportunity for people involved with the programme to chat about how things are going and to answer any questions people might have, or just to share experiences.
If you have any questions you can email the team directly at OurPlace@locality.org.uk
GemmaSeptember 16, 2015 at 9:59 am #11531
NALC hopes that all 9 Our Pace parish councils take part in the web chat on 24/9.
Thanks for now,
Chris (NALC).September 24, 2015 at 12:06 pm #11561
Looking forward to hearing from parish councils.September 24, 2015 at 12:12 pm #11562
testing testingSeptember 24, 2015 at 12:14 pm #11563
Hi there, can you confirm if the live chat is taking place here or somewhere elseSeptember 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm #11564
Hi Everyone. Welcome to this live chat.
The first place to go for information about writing your Our Place Operational plan is to the guidance on the MyCommunity website here:
AmberSeptember 24, 2015 at 12:21 pm #11565
Our Place is about service transformation and the Operational Plan is your chance to show us what will change and why.
There are Seven essential elements to include in your Operational Plan
1. Vision and Context
A clear vision for the future.
2. Effective service transformation informed by your community
• A convincing case for change in your area
• Clear proposals for service transformation
• How the service transformation will bring the desired improvements
• How benefits will outweigh costs
• All anchored in community need and informed by community engagement.
• Plans for pooling, devolving or aligning budgets
• How these budgets will be sourced
• How the budgets will be used to achieve your vision and deliver your proposals.
• Consideration of all the resources needed – e.g. human, financial, investment, capital requirements
• How these resources will be sourced.
5. Partnership, leadership and governance
• Partners you have in place
• Why these are the right partners
• Demonstration of partners commitment and support, now and going forward
• Viable and sustainable governance and leadership arrangements.
6. Implementation plan
A realistic and achievable plan that is ready to go from April and supported by a good strategy/approach for sustaining the service transformation.
7. An easy to navigate, brief, well-structured, public document
Readers will include:
• your community
• funders and investors
• The Department for Communities and Local Government
• Our Place areas
• Champions.September 24, 2015 at 12:22 pm #11566
Hi Paul – Its here. Welcome!September 24, 2015 at 12:27 pm #11567
26 working days to the submission of draft operational plans on 30 October!
Any queries/concerns/questions fire away…..September 24, 2015 at 12:28 pm #11568
**Amber / Gemma**
I echo Amber’s post – it would be great to hear how the Operational Plans are going in the nine areas led by parish councils developing Operational Plans under Our Place 15-16.
Chris (NALC)September 24, 2015 at 12:28 pm #11569
You can also find resources here – including operational plans from last years’ Our Place groups:September 24, 2015 at 12:37 pm #11570
Hi Chris, I now that Stewkley parish council wrote a great Our Place operational plan last year, and have developed their project to cover more Parishes. Their project is to provide part time work opportunities for rural young people. A good plan caught the interest of Buckinghamshire county council and now there is a real local buzz going on.September 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm #11571
Katie King from the West Midlands here.
I have a question about OPs! Can you tell me more about the approval process? Anything that we should be aware of?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.