Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Our first live discussion Wednesday 11 June 2014

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Our first live discussion Wednesday 11 June 2014

This topic contains 64 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elizabeth Elizabeth 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Hello!

We are holding our first live Just Act discussion on Wednesday 11 June 2014 on the topic:

"How did you find out what was happening in your area?"

We'll be live from 12-1pm and some of our Community Champions will be on hand to share their experiences and answer any questions you may have.

Even if you can only can spare a few minutes, come dip in and join the chat.

If you can't make that time, you can post questions as new topics or email them to communications@cdf.org.uk and we'll get them answered for you!

Look forward to chatting with you!

Charlotte

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Weds 11th, 12 – 1 is in my diary! Looking forward to it, 🙂

Profile photo of Duncan
    Duncan
    Participant

Just to say that I’m online ‘ready and waiting!’

Profile photo of Simone
    Simone

I’m here 🙂

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

I’m here too! 🙂

Profile photo of Duncan
    Duncan
    Participant

I’m not really sure what you mean by the question!

It covers so much. For us: Recognised area of deprivation.
    Condition of Big Society Grant
    Conversations with local Councillors
    On Committees
    Using eyes and common sense!

Hello!
    Welcome to the very first Just Act live discussion – thank you Simone, Duncan and Claire for sparing your time today to share your experiences!
    For people joining us – when you log on, just say a quick hello so I don’t miss you!
    So – who want’s to kick off with a little bit on how you found out what was happening in your area? And how did it go?

Profile photo of Rich
    Rich
    Participant

Hi all! I tend to find out what’s on in my area (Hull) through Facebook and Twitter. The accounts for the local council, libraries and City of Culture board are especially good at spreading the word, plus the shopping centres and arts organisations do a great job too.

[b]Quote from duncanwood on June 11, 2014, 12:05[/b]
    I’m not really sure what you mean by the question!

Hi Duncan – sure, do you want to just start by saying how you got involved in your project in Clacton?

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

My approach was twofold – Twitter & Facebook for finding clubs, groups, organisations etc, and then good old-fashioned exploring on foot, chatting to people as I went. 🙂

Profile photo of Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant

I’m here too!

I’ve also found out about some things through twitter, but finding out what’s going on in a very specific neighbourhood has been more difficult. I try to get along to any community or fun days that are running, as that’s where you meet other enthusiastic people and can make useful connections.

Profile photo of Sandra
    Sandra
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Profile photo of Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant

[b]Quote from claireraikes on June 11, 2014, 12:08[/b]
    and then good old-fashioned exploring on foot, chatting to people as I went. 🙂

Walking around an area is a really good way to get to know how it really works!

Hi Rich,
    Thanks for kicking things off! We fine social media really great too to hear about what’s happening across the country. Do you find people respond well when you try and contact them "off line"? How do you go about it?

[b]Quote from sandratrickett on June 11, 2014, 12:08[/b]
    Hello everyone!

Hi Sandra! Welcome to the discussion 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.