Just-act_6-Nov-forum

Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Operational Plan Q&A – Live discussion Thurs 6 Nov, 1pm – 2pm

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Operational Plan Q&A – Live discussion Thurs 6 Nov, 1pm – 2pm

This topic contains 33 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jennifer Jennifer 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

We’re hosting a question and answer session on the Just Act Forum for any of those tricky questions you might have around your plans.

Joining us on the forum on 6 November from 1pm – 2pm will be Jim Asbury, Our Place Programme Manager, and a soon-to-be-confirmed representative from one of our partners.

You can post your questions straight away in preparation for the live Q and A on Thursday 6 November.

http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/events/operational-plans-qa-just-act-forum/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant

Myself and my analytical colleague Robert Rutherfoord from the Department of Communities and Local Government will be joining the conversation tomorrow and are ready to answer any questions you have on the Operational Plan from a DCLG perspective.

Hi,

Just a quick note to say I’m Charlotte from the Just Act team and if anyone needs any help logging on or navigating the forum today, let me know!

You can reply to this post, email communciations@cdf.org.uk or call me on 0207 812 5422.

Attached is our latest forum guidance if you’re new to Just Act!

Charlotte

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi all

We’re about to get started – in your first reply/post, please do introduce yourself and your area.

Using the quote link over the reply link when replying to people is also a handy little tip – Charlotte’s forum guidance goes into more detail above.

Happy question time!

Rebecca

Hi all

We’re about to get started – in your first reply/post, please do introduce yourself and your area.

Using the quote link over the reply link when replying to people is also a handy little tip – Charlotte’s forum guidance goes into more detail above.

Happy question time!

Rebecca

Jennifer
    Participant

Hi,

Jennifer Craft here from the Our Place policy team at DCLG, ready to answer your questions.

Jennifer

Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Jim here. Look forward to answering any questions, together with Robert and Jennifer over the next hour or so.

Jim

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

Bill here from new Wortley in Leeds.

We will be presenting our draft Operational plans to our partnership meeting next week.

Any tips on how to present the plans?
    I know there isn’t a set format/ or template but I do want a format that keeps things brief but punchy

Bill

Profile photo of Lucy
    Lucy
    Participant

We’re working with our partners to draft our Operational Plan and have found there are a lot of headings in the Guidance which overlap and if we included all the headings we would be writing a very long Operational Plan – whats your advice on format and presentation?

Jennifer
    Participant

Hi Bill,

You’re right that there’s no standard format, the main thing to think about is producing a document that makes sense for you and your community. Poplar Harca, one of our Pioneers is a good example of this, the main body of their plan is very concise and readable and illustrated with relevant photos and examples – more detail is kept to the annexes.

Trying to upload it now, but there’s a bit more information on the Our Place website on what you should keep in mind while drafting;

http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/140624-Our-Place-Operational-Plans.pdf

Jennifer
    Participant

Bill,

Here’s Poplar’s Operational Plan.

Jennifer
    Participant

Upload not working – I’ll circulate it separately if that would help.

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Yes agree with Jen – and I recall that when the Pioneers did their Draft Plans for the peer review, some of them used a power point format to get the content accross. So its about how you present the story of what you are doing and update on the lines of the suggested headings which are:

– Context, background and vision
    – Community involvement undertaken
    – Priority issues for the community
    – Your Our Place approach
    – Business cases including cost benefit analyses
    – Governance
    – Implementation Plan

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.