Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Next Live Chat with the CED team – Tuesday 3 November 12.30pm – 1.30pm

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Next Live Chat with the CED team – Tuesday 3 November 12.30pm – 1.30pm

This topic contains 39 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sarah Sarah 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that the next chat with the Community Economic Development team will be here in this thread on Tuesday 3 November at 12.30pm and will be focused on the Community Economic Development Programme – catch-up with the team and preparing for CED plans.

Just a reminder that you’ll need to be registered to join in the chat so make sure you sign up beforehand so you can get involved!

Any problems with the site or passwords, please email communications@cdf.org.uk

Gemma

Profile photo of adrianashton
    adrianashton

sadly will have to miss this owing to prior diary committment, but look forward to catching up with the discussion afterwards!

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

Thanks for this. NALC hopes that all CED parishes take part in the CED web chat tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to seeing our CED participant communities later on today – I will be here from 12.30 so bring your sandwiches!

Sarah

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder for anyone wanting to join in today, you’ll need to register for an account to post a question. It only takes a minute, just click register at the top of the page to sign up.

If you’re following the chat, remember to tick the box at the bottom of the thread to be notified by email of new posts, this way you won’t need to refresh the forum and you’ll keep up in real time.

Enjoy the chat! Any problems with the site, email communications@cdf.org.uk
    If you need to change your password you can do it on the log in page by clicking forgotten password.

Gemma

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

So here we are – ready and waiting to take your questions about the CED Programme!

We’re now seven months into the programme so it’s a good opportunity to catch up on where everyone is at.

Pop your questions/comments in and I’ll try to respond as soon as possible over the next hour.

Sarah
    CED Programme Manager

Profile photo of Desna
    Desna
    Participant

Hi Sarah – this is Desna from LESS (in Lancaster) – I’m picking this piece of work up from a colleague who isn’t working at our organisation any longer, so I may have some questions that seem a bit simplistic 😉 I guess my first question is can I have some clarity re timescales for the current part of the work (technical support) – i.e. when do you want to see what from us?

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Is there any template for a CED Plan or guidance as to what it needs to contain including levels of detail??

can you remind me of the deadlines? Draft in mid December and final in Feb/Mar??

Profile photo of Desna
    Desna
    Participant

Good question, Peter – I’d also like some guidance re. this too 🙂

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

Hello

I like the structure of the CED program, I think it allows us to be quite ambitious with our plans, although I am worried about short timescales and lack of resources to put an ambitious plan together that involves a wide range of partners funders and initiatives. Any thoughts on how to meet the requirements of the program without diminishing what could be a very ambitious community led regeneration plan for a specific area?

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi Desna,

Welcome aboard and all questions are good! The delivery of the technical support is very much bespoke to each group so the timings will depend on how you are managing the programme locally. Ultimately, it all needs to be delivered by February next year – but the more that is delivered sooner, the more it will help to inform the outline CED plan. The deadline for outline plans is 18th December.

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Yes – there is some guidance on what should be in the plan – uploaded to this post (hopefully). Your adviser also has this and can talk you through it in more detail. There is no set format or structure – just important that all 6 areas mentioned are covered off. For the outline plan the focus should be on the context, outcomes and engagement, with the more detailed information on resources, timetabling and activities to follow in the final plan.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Desna
    Desna
    Participant

Thanks for the response Sarah. Wow, 18th Dec is a short timescale, and we haven’t been contacted by our technical support yet!

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

here is the CED guidance on what makes a good plan.

Adrian ashton was going to put a template together, but most of the headings are in this

Context, outcomes etc…

I’d work from that.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi Peter – sorry – should have added that the outline plans are due 18th December as I mentioned above, and the final plans by 11th March.

These timeframes are tight – but the outline plan is really just that, an outline at this stage – we just want to see the ideas and activities you have been working on collected into one place at this stage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.