Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Neighbourhood Planning Live Chat – Tuesday 22 March 12.30pm

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions Neighbourhood Planning Live Chat – Tuesday 22 March 12.30pm

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carole Carole 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Everyone,

Next Tuesday, 22 March at 12.30pm we will be here in this thread live with the Neighbourhood Planning team to chat about anything that’s come up through the recent residentials and any topics that you might need any help or clarification on, and to share how things move forward from here.

It will be great to hear from you about how you found the event and to answer any questions you might have.

As always, if you can’t make it on the day then please feel free to leave your questions here in this thread and we’ll get back to you.

Look forward to hearing from you all next week

Gemma

Profile photo of Emma
    Emma
    Participant

Welcome to the Neighbourhood Planning champion webchat. We hope all of you that managed to make it to the events in Bristol and Sheffield enjoyed the events and found it useful. Many thanks once again for all your time and contributions, we really enjoyed meeting you all.

We’re in the process of writing up a lot of the discussions that came out of the event and will forward presentations and other items mentioned asap. If there’s anything else you wanted to share or suggest we take forward then we’d be really grateful to hear your thoughts over the next hour.
    Many thanks
    Emma and Carole

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Thanks Emma – looking forward to hearing from people over the next hour!

Just a reminder to people that if you tick the box at the bottom of the text box that says ‘notify me of follow-up replies via email’ then you’ll be updated in real time on replies and it’s easier to keep track of the chat.

If you need any help please email communications@cdf.org.uk or call 020 7812 5452

Gemma

Profile photo of Carole
    Carole
    Participant

Yes Welcome everyone.
    I hope those of you who made it to Bristol and Sheffield are well recovered. Great couple of days with you, and amazing to see such a breadth of knowledge in the room about Planning.
    I’m hoping we can have a bit of on-line discussion on what’s the best way to take the Champions Network forward.
    Carole

Profile photo of Carole
    Carole
    Participant

Hi All, this is an email that came to the comms inbox instead of the forum. Here it is:

HI

I was at the BristolChampion’s’ event and we were advised that there is an additional amount available as a grant.

We are at Regulation 14 stage ( i.e. launching draft for pre submission consultation).

The plan documentation is now substantial and we would like to cover the cost of a complete printed version to go in one or both local libraries, plus other costs to do with promoting the “Pre Submission consultation” itself.

Could you advise me how to apply please?

By the way a great event last week and have at least three great items to follow up on. This being one, the others are to do with looking for a duty to co-operate or joint project with a neighbouring parish, over a contaminated green belt site, which is half ours, half theirs, with offshore owners….Simples…

The other is to do with a local flooding problem, where Paignton seem to have found a legal ruling which we are following up on, which my help us solve a long running problem.

Great people speaking and attending too.

Best regards
    Chris Windridge

Caterham, Chaldon & Whyteleafe
    CR3 Forum group

Profile photo of Chris Windridge
    Chris Windridge
    Participant

Hi Gemma and Emma and anyone else!..

I was at Bristol and it was very helpful. Are is a query please, over getting an additional £iK funding, which was mentioned in Bristol.

We are at Regulation 14 stage ( i.e. launching draft for pre submission consultation).

The plan documentation is now substantial and we would like to cover the cost of a complete printed version to go in one or both local libraries, plus other costs to do with promoting the “Pre Submission consultation” itself.

Could you advise me how to apply please?

By the way a great event last week and have at least three great items to follow up on. This being one, the others are to do with looking for a duty to co-operate or joint project with a neighbouring parish, over a contaminated green belt site, which is half ours, half theirs, with offshore owners….Simples…

The other is to do with a local flooding problem, where Paignton seem to have found a legal ruling which we are following up on, which my help us solve a long running problem.

Great people speaking and attending too.

Best regards
    Chris Windridge

CR3 Forum group
    4 Parishes, Business Partnership and Community Partnership

Profile photo of Emma
    Emma
    Participant

Hi Chris.

Good to hear you enjoyed the event last week and it was great to meet you. You are indeed correct about the additional grant and printing costs would definitely be eligible. You can read all about it and apply in the usual way by submitting an expression of interest on our website here
    http://mycommunity.org.uk/programme/neighbourhood-planning/?_a=funding

If you’ve got any questions when filling in the application form please do drop me a line directly at emma.critchley@locality.org.uk

Let us know how you get on with the joint project and flooding issue, it sounds like a sensible approach to both.

Many thanks
    Emma

Profile photo of Chris Windridge
    Chris Windridge
    Participant

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the quick response on the funding link. Will keep you advised as we look at co-operation and flooding too.

Many thanks
    Chris

CR3 Forum group
    4 Parishes, Business Partnership and Community Partnership

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Just wanted to get in touch to say a big thank you to all the organisers of the Bristol event. I have returned inspired and even more motivated! It was very informative and well run. I am wondering will we be sent the links to others that attended? Also could we have contact details of those that gave presentations etc

Here in Newhaven we have a new Enterprize Zone designation which impacts on sites we were going to allocate for residential development. Would really like opinions on whether we leave designated sites out of the NP where designated as EZ.

Thank you Champions in Bristol for your company and hello to those in Sheffield

Thanks Susie, it’s great you enjoyed the event.

Do you have any thoughts on how the Champions Network could work moving forward? We’d love to hear how people want to keep in touch and what kinds of events they’d find useful etc!

Profile photo of Carole
    Carole
    Participant

Hi Susie,
    we are in the throes of collating all the responses and presentations etc and should be sending them out to you next week, if not before.
    I understand that you have a discussion with Miriam about Enterprise Zones, it would be good to hear about other people’s experience of them in their NP.

Carole

Profile photo of Emma
    Emma
    Participant

Thanks ever so much Susie. It really was great to meet you all and hear all the stories of what’s happening on the ground. We’ll share email addresses of those that opted in on the feedback form and I’ll share contact of those presenters that are happy to do so.
    I know you mentioned Enterprise zones at the event, if you’ve got any more details or specific questions around the impact on NP then please do drop me an email – emma.critchley@locality.org.uk and I’ll do some further digging and respond directly.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

As the Neighbourhood Planning Champions network gets going next year, it would be really useful if you could let us know what would work best for you to make it as useful as possible.

Do you like face to face events, training sessions, online chats, email groups? If you’d prefer to keep in touch with each other in different ways then let us know.

We want to be able to communicate with you in the way that helps you the best so if you could tell us what you think then it would be really helpful!

Looking forward to hearing what you think

Gemma

Profile photo of Susie Mullins
    Susie Mullins
    Participant

All those approaches to keeping in touch and up skilled seem a way forward. Different approaches for different situations I guess. Maybe more of a profile on what each person has experience in will help steer any interaction.

Profile photo of Faye
    Faye
    Participant

Hi Gemma, the face to face aspect of Sheffield was completely amazing and I got so much from the event. However, I couldn’t do these too often as it was like a military operation trying to get childcare sorted for the two days. These live chats are good, as are email groups.
    I also thought Francis’ ‘rope map’ of the Uk was a great way to find out where our fellow NP Champs were geographically and I look forward to receiving the email addresses for these guys so we can get together to discuss local issues.
    Please could you keep us up to date on the proposed marketing campaign for May so we can be particularly proactive during this period.
    Again – great job in Sheffield 🙂
    Faye

Profile photo of Emma
    Emma
    Participant

Thanks very much Chris and Susie for your input. I’ll be in touch next week with presentations etc for everyone who attended the events. If anyone would like to share any thoughts about taking forward the champions netwrok then please do feel free to drop me an email directly.
    Many thanks
    Emma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.