Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Neighbourhood Plan

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Neighbourhood Plan

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stephen Stephen 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

Great idea – especially as our local Council has always refused to consider a local plan. However, finding a voluntary group with £50,000 turnover seems to be an unnecessary burden. Then looking at the full description the real emphasis seems to be on saving money, not on building community. It leaves a taste. Or am I wrong?

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Trevor

Thanks very much for getting in touch. Can I just ask you to clarify which programme you are referring to, so I can ask the right expert to respond to your query? Is it Neighbourhood Planning or First Steps?

Best Wishes
    Gemma

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

Great idea – especially as our local Council has always refused to consider a local plan. However, finding a voluntary group with £50,000 turnover seems to be an unnecessary burden. Then looking at the full description the real emphasis seems to be on saving money, not on building community. It leaves a taste. Or am I wrong?

Trevor

To my knowledge, the only My Community programme that mentions a minimum £50k turnover is the Our Place programme. There is no requirement for a minimum turnover to access Neighbourhood Planning grants. Neighbourhood Forums and Parish Councils can find out more about the grants and support from the website:

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

Stephen: It was Our Place – my cursory glance of the web site must have missed anything else. It says, on page 4-5 ‘Additionally, for community and voluntary organisations
    only you will also need to have an annual turnover of £50,000+ per annum.

Same question really – but I’ll now try to find Neighbourhood Planning grants. Hope I can do that within the next hour as I’m presenting a case to a local organisation this evening as the first step (again) in creating a Plan.

Watch this space!

Thank you for your help.

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

Just an update: using the Localism Act 2011 we served a Notice of Intent upon our local District Council to acquire a theatre. Since then they have sold the theatre to a new company for £1 and never acknowledged our Notice (sent by email and letter).

The story, from our perspective, is at http://www.spapavilion.co.uk

We’ve now heard that the new owner is threatening to sue me, a member of our group and the Lib Dems for defamation – or something.

The Council refuse to comment.

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

Just an update: using the Localism Act 2011 we served a Notice of Intent upon our local District Council to acquire a theatre. Since then they have sold the theatre to a new company for £1 and never acknowledged our Notice (sent by email and letter).

The story, from our perspective, is at http://www.spapavilion.co.uk

We’ve now heard that the new owner is threatening to sue me, a member of our group and the Lib Dems for defamation – or something.

The Council refuse to comment.

Trevor

It sounds like you’re having a difficult time locally, and I’m sure that you understand that it’s too complicated to ‘resolve’ in this forum. But I wonder if other Just Act members who might be looking at this thread have any comments/wise words, based on their own challenges of working with local authorities/difficult projects? Perhaps there’s some conflict resolution examples out there from someone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.