Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

My Community National Networking Event

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… My Community National Networking Event

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hello Everyone,

We’re very excited to announce that the first My Community National Networking Event will be on 19 October 2015!

This will be an inspirational day filled with workshops and networking opportunities, and will give everyone the chance to find out more about what other projects are up to locally and all across the country, share advice and experiences and get top tips from the experts.

This event is for anyone involved in the My Community Network, whether you’re part of the First Steps, Our Place, Community Economic Development, Community Ownership and Management of Assets or Neighbourhood Planning programmes, a councillor or council staff supporting community rights or an individual keen to get more involved locally.

Places are free and can be booked through the LGA website where you can find the agenda and announcements on speakers for the day. To book, or find out more please visit the LGA website

The event is in London, registration from 9.30 with the event running from 10.30-4pm

Any questions, please email mycommunitynetwork@cdf.org.uk and we look forward to seeing you there!

Gemma

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma.
    Profile photo of adrianashton
    adrianashton

thanks Gemma – sadly relative distance and timing means I won’t be able to make it along but wonder/assume that there will be speakers notes and presentations, as well as captures of discussions being made available sometime afterwards?

Adrian

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

NALC will be attending and supporting this event and urges lots of parish councils involved in My Community programmes to attend and support this exciting networking event. My Community Champions from the parish sector are also strongly encouraged to attend.

Thanks for now,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

thanks Gemma – sadly relative distance and timing means I won’t be able to make it along but wonder/assume that there will be speakers notes and presentations, as well as captures of discussions being made available sometime afterwards?

Adrian

Hi Adrian, thanks for getting in touch – such a shame you can’t make the event.

I’m not sure exactly what will be available and in what format at the moment, but yes, I’m sure that we’ll be able to feed back from the day and what was covered. Leave it with me and I’ll find out some more details and let you know.

Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Hey Gemma,

Just wondering how many ‘First Steps’ participants have signed up for this?

Cheers
    Claire

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Claire

I’m not sure at the moment as the LGA are managing the booking process. I’ll need to request a report of who is signed up and then I should be able to give you an idea. I’ll try and find out for you by the end of the week.

Thanks
    Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Thanks Gemma, really interested in coming along (have booked a place), but a bit nervous about how relevant it will be for us at this time.

Cheers
    Claire

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

That’s understandable Claire, but I think that on the day there will be something for everyone.

It’s a great opportunity to network with other projects and to share your experiences, but there will also be expert advice on hand and the chance to hear from people who’ve been through community rights projects before and they’ve got some great knowledge to share as well as some really inspirational stories.

If you’d like to have a chat in more detail I’m happy to give you a call, or we can catch up at the hub event if that’s easier?

Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

It would be good to pick your brain at the hub next week, if that is cool?

Cheers
    Claire

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

It would be good to pick your brain at the hub next week, if that is cool?

Cheers
    Claire

Of course, let’s catch up then!

Gemma

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.