Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Introduction

Home The Just Act Forum Champions Introduction

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anton Anton 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Karen
    Karen
    Participant

My name is Karen and I am a town councillor and Mayor in Bishop’s Castle. I am also a Community Champion and involved in a project to look at revitalising our near empty business park. I chaired a campaign to oppose a biomass power plant which was going to take up the vast majority of the business park for many very valid reasons and concerns which the community had. However some years down the line and the business park is still empty of any businesses. We are therefore looking to work alongside Shropshire Council to see if it is feasible for the community to take over the running of the business park. We have a number of partners within this process made up of local organisations.

Like all areas we are facing massive cuts to our budgets. By working with a local organisation we will hopefully maintain our library service but we have massive concerns about the medium to long term future of our leisure centre. Living in a rural community this is essential for the health and well being of residents.

Therefore through this process I hope that we can move forward with our business park and also gain any ideas which could be passed on to the management committee of our leisure centre.

Thank you for reading this.

Profile photo of Anton
    Anton
    Participant

Hi Karen

I wonder if you have heard of Royds Community Association. They provide a good example of a community enterprise run business park: http://www.royds.org.uk/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.