Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Sign up to your first My Community Hub now!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hello,

Just to let you all know that the My Community Hubs are starting to take shape and we’ve got some sessions scheduled in across the regions where we’d love for as many of you as possible to drop in for some free lunch and talk to us about how you see your My Community Hub working in the best way to support you in the future.

My Community Learning Hubs will be set up in each region and are a place where groups from across the programmes, independent projects or individuals working in relevant areas can get together to network, support and learn from each other. But most importantly they should work in a way that is best for you, and these sessions are about working out what that is and how we can make it happen.

The sessions are open to all, and we’d love to see you there. If you can only drop in for part of the afternoon then that’s fine too! All you need to do is register for the event you’d like to attend by clicking on the relevant link below – it only takes a minute.

All the sessions will run from 1pm – 4pm and will include lunch. Any questions just let me know.

Gemma

Yorks and Humber
    Yorkshire and Humberside Learning Hub live Doncaster, United Kingdom | Doncaster
    Tuesday, 6 October 2015 from 13:00 to 16:00 (BST)
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/yorkshire-and-humberside-learning-hub-tickets-18551715681

London
    London Learning Hub live England | London
    Wednesday, 7 October 2015 from 13:00 to 16:00 (BST)
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-learning-hub-tickets-18553477952

Midlands
    Midlands Learning Hub live Birmingham, United Kingdom | Birmingham
    Thursday, 15 October 2015 from 13:00 to 16:00 (BST)
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/midlands-learning-hub-tickets-18556101800

South East
    South East Learning Hub live Chichester, England | Chichester
    Friday, 16 October 2015 from 13:00 to 16:00 (BST)
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/south-east-learning-hub-tickets-18556141920

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma.
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma Et Al**

Hi Gemma Et Al.

Thanks for this – very welcome news.

NALC strongly encourages all My Community 15-16 parishes to attend the Learning Hub relevant to their area.

Have a brilliant weekend,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of adrianashton
    adrianashton

sadly won’t be able to make it to my region’s one (NW) owing to prior commitment, but be interested to hear what comes out of it and what opportunities there might be to feed in ideas and experiences remotely for those of us who can’t get there in person?

Adrian Ashton

Profile photo of Nina
    Nina
    Participant

Sadly I cannot make the London Event, which is the one closest to me as I too have a prior commitment. It would be really good to know if there are any others planned for the London area at some time in the future.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

sadly won’t be able to make it to my region’s one (NW) owing to prior commitment, but be interested to hear what comes out of it and what opportunities there might be to feed in ideas and experiences remotely for those of us who can’t get there in person?

Adrian Ashton

Hi Adrian

That’s a good question! I’ll add a new thread here on the forum with some key questions for people to send through their thoughts and ideas prior to the events which I will then feed in to the sessions.
    We’ll also share the outcomes with everyone from the events.
    The important thing with the My Community Hubs is that they work for you at a regional level, so we’d welcome all ideas and thoughts on how best to get them going!

Looking forward to hearing peoples ideas and views

Gemma

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Sadly I cannot make the London Event, which is the one closest to me as I too have a prior commitment. It would be really good to know if there are any others planned for the London area at some time in the future.

Hi Nina

Thanks for getting in touch. The plan for the My Community Hubs is that they are run fairly regularly to give everyone the chance to get together – but this will all be down to the people involved locally and how it’ll work best for you.
    As I said in my reply to Adrian, I’ll make sure that there are ways for people to feed in to the sessions remotely in advance and afterwards, so that people can share their thoughts and input into how these are set up.
    Happy to have a chat with anyone who would like to discuss these points further. You can reach me on 020 7812 5452 or you can email me if you’d rather continue a discussion out of the forum on mycommunitynetwork@cdf.org.uk

Gemma

Profile photo of Lois Wild
    Lois Wild
    Participant

Hi Gemma

Will there be a session in the South West region?

Thank you

Lois

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

HI Lois,

Yes, we are working on dates at the moment and will be able to confirm very soon. Watch this space!

Gemma

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.