Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Going to events to publicise what we do

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Going to events to publicise what we do

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marilyn Marilyn 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shona
    Shona
    Participant

Hello all , I am new to the forum. We are a small community charity reliant on funding and feel it would be good to attend some summer events run by our local Lions. However to purchase a gazebo and table , chairs etc will take a fair amount of money that we don’t have. Has anyone had success at borrowing orxsharing equipment with other community groups to save on the outlay. Also any good or bad experiences of having a stall at big events like this ?

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Shona,

Welcome to Just Act!

Really interesting question, and one I’m sure that lots of members will be able to help with. Looking forward to hearing some ideas!
    Make sure you’ve ticked the box at the bottom of this thread to keep you updated on replie sto this and you’ll get an email when people reply to help you keep up with the chat.

Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Shona**

Dear Shona.

Thanks for this post. It might be worth making an approach to your local parish council (if there is one covering your area) as it may be able to assist.

Hope this helps,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Duncan
    Duncan
    Participant

Dear Shona,
    I’d start with asking your Lions as they normally either have, or will have access, to things like that. If that fails, then your local Voluntary Services Council also have contacts, and if that fails, try approaching a local Church who usually have plenty of tables and chairs and will often be willing to help a local good cause.
    Hope you get sorted!
    Duncan

Profile photo of Cathy
    Cathy
    Participant

Hi Shona

It might be worth trying to talk to any of the groups that attended the events last year to see what worked for them, and perhaps more importantly what didn’t work as well. I also think it is important to work out in advance what you would ideally want from the event – is it about networking, raising your profile, donations etc. as that will give you a benchmark to work out whether or not it was successful.

One of the challenges it getting people’s attention so that you can engage with them

Best of luck with your events

Cathy

Profile photo of Shona
    Shona
    Participant

Thanks all

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Hi, we use New Horizons for our funding advice, they are local to S. Yorkshire but I bet there is a similar organanisation near you,

Profile photo of Marilyn
    Marilyn
    Participant

Yes local history forums Societies have gazebos and usually arrange for them to be borrowed
    saves on storage!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.