Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Getting Your Community Led Housing Project Up and Running – Live Chat October 28

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Getting Your Community Led Housing Project Up and Running – Live Chat October 28

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lizzy Lizzy 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All

October 28th at 12pm there will be a live chat here in this thread all about getting your community led housing project up and running!

The chat will relate directly to this resource and will be run by Lyn Kesterton from Locality and Jon Fitzmaurice of Self Help Housing.

Any questions relating to this chat, just post them here, and we’ll see you next Wednesday!

Thanks
    Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

NALC hopes that all My Community parishes join this exciting community led housing project web chat on 28/10.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

Hi
    My colleague Jon Fitzmaurice from Self Help Housing will be joining me on Wednesday at noon to answer your questions about community-led housing. In this session we will be focusing on:

* the funding currently available to help you progress your community-led housing project. Did you know there’s up to £50,000 available right now to help you get your project to the point of submitting a planning application? There are more details here
    http://mycommunity.org.uk/programme/community-housing/?_a=funding

* the new toolkit to help you get your community-led housing project up and running. Find it here
    http://mycommunity.org.uk/resources/community-led-housing-toolkit-1-how-to-get-your-project-up-and-running/

We’ll also be happy to answer any other queries you may have on this subject. Community led housing is on the rise; it’s got lots to offer and it could be helping people in YOUR community!

Why not take advantage of this opportunity to find out more.

Jon and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Lyn Kesterton
    Locality

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Hi Lyn,

Looking forward to today’s session.

Jon

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

Hi Lyn,

Looking forward to today’s session.

Jon

Hi

Let’s hope we can provide help and information for people wanting to build houses for their own communities!

Lyn

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All,

Really looking forward to todays live chat!

Just a reminder – you need to be registered and logged in to post in the thread. Any problems please email communications@cdf.org.uk and we’ll get them sorted out for you.

You can change your own password by clicking on the link on the log in page.

Thanks
    Gemma

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Participant

Not quite sure how this works but I would like to be a part of this live chat too,
    Thanks
    Leslie
    London Community Neighbourhood Co-operative (LCNC)

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

Hi
    Welcome to today’s question and answer session in relation to Community-led housing projects.
    We are particularly interested in hearing from groups thinking of starting up a project, but whatever your question, feel free to post it here.
    Lyn

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

Hi Leslie

Nice to have you along. Stay with us and if there’s anything you’d like to say, please feel free to chip in.
    Lyn

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

We are delighted to refer anyone in the early stages of a community-led housing project to our new Community Led Housing Toolkit here http://mycommunity.org.uk/resources/community-led-housing-toolkit-1-how-to-get-your-project-up-and-running/#sthash.wxmml8kw.dpuf

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

Leslie, how is your project going? You had many early challenges to face there in London..

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Hi Lyn,

Could you tell me something about the Community Building & Housing Grants?
    How do they work and who can get them?

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Participant

Not sure if the live chat has started but I want to ask a question about knowledge about land available in the city and access to it. As community led builders we are not on the ‘inside’ to hear when land becomes available. In London land is very scarce and community led builders only have access to ‘difficult’ land or very small bits which developers have rejected. This makes the build more expensive and is therefore not viable. How can we help this situation?

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

There are currently two government funding streams specially designed to aid community-led housing projects. They are worth a total of £50,000 to successful applicants.

Profile photo of Lyn
    Lyn
    Participant

They are the Community Buildings Pre-feasibility fund offering up to £10,000 and the Community Buildings Project Support Fund worth up to £40,000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.