Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

First Steps Live Chat January 21 – Finalising your Action Plan

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions First Steps Live Chat January 21 – Finalising your Action Plan

This topic contains 28 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alice Alice 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All,

The First Steps team are holding a live Q&A on Thursday 21 January at 14.00pm to chat and answer questions about the recent draft action plan feedback.
    Some of the topics we are also looking to cover are:
    – Recent Peer review activity and the comments and feedback people gave
    – Tips on how to develop your plan so it is ready for final submission
    – Trying to answer any burning questions you might have about plan completion

If there is any advice or help you need from the First Steps team, then we fully encourage you or one of your members to post a question (you can also post a question ahead of Thursday!).

This is a great opportunity to discuss or get advice regarding the draft action plan feedback, as well as a chance to link up with others on similar projects. Also bear in mind that if you’ve got any tips or advice to share with others, or questions you have that you would like another First Steps group to answer, then you are more than welcome to post them here.

Many thanks and we look forward to chatting with you next Thursday!

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Hello everyone, we are looking forward to seeing you later for our live chat session on finalising your action plan.

Just a reminder that you will need to register for the site in order to be able to log in and join the discussion.
    If you have forgotten your password then please ask to reset, and it should allow you to do this, and let you in.

If you have tried registering and/or resetting your password and are still having problems then please do email communications@cdf.org.uk.uk and we will help you get access!

Many thanks and see you later!

Alice

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

The chat session is now live – so do please join if you have questions or issues you’d like to raise!

Profile photo of Rob Macardle
    Rob Macardle
    Participant

We have not received any feedback on our draft report. We are generally happy with what we’ve submitted, though there are extra things to add. Does the fact that we’ve not received any feedback mean that First Steps is happy with what we’ve submitted (i.e. on the right lines)?

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

In the recent peer review events we realised that most groups have already done a lot of work or have documents or information that could really usefully form part of your plan – but maybe you’ve held back because you don’t want to include too much information.
    Remember that you need to be presenting your group as if to someone who has never heard of you, your community and what you are trying to do. Telling us about your area and the consultation work you have done is really important to give us an idea of who you are.
    You can always put longer documents as an appendix, and diagrammes can be a really good way of summarising information in an easy read to format.
    What do you think?

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Hi Rob – can you give us the name of your group? All groups should have had feedback! If you give us your details we will be able to check this for you.

Profile photo of Helen
    Helen
    Participant

Hi, joining a bit late, sorry. Let me know where to go to see stuff I’ve missed…

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Hi Rob -we’ve found your group – Cosmopolitan arts. You should definitely have had feedback, and also your relationship manager has been sent it. We sent it to cosmopolitanarts@gmail. com
    We can send it again – or have you checked your spam folder?
    In any case we will be able to email it through and talk you through the feedback

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Hi Helen, – don’t worry – you haven’t missed anything yet! Rob was asking about plan feedback.
    Have you had your plan feedback yet? Did it make sense to you? (maybe you can give us the name of your group?)

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

When you think about finalising your action plan – what do you think will be the hardest thing to complete?

Profile photo of Helen
    Helen
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’d be really keen to see the examples of good plans that are going on the web – can you let us know if they are there already and if so post the link into this chat – perhaps that might stimulate some discussion about them?

Profile photo of Rob Macardle
    Rob Macardle
    Participant

Thanks Alice, I think that must have gone astray then. We have had lots of e-mail, but I get it second hand. Perhaps you would be kind enough to re-send it? If you want to cc it to Robmacardle@hotmail.com that would be even better.

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Hi Helen – we will be putting some example plans on the CDF website (a link to some examples) by the middle of next week, which should help give some ideas.What group are you from? Then I can look up your assessment and maybe we can go through some of the areas where you might need help?

Rob – of course we will re-send and cc the other email address, Suzanne is doing it for you now.

Profile photo of Helen
    Helen
    Participant

Ok – I’ve realised there’s a delay on the chat – sorry! IN response to your question ALice, I know that four groups I am working with have had their feedback – and out of those, three are happy and it makes sense and they can see how we are going to get to a finished plan. One of those four was disappointed as their plan was not in the style that was expected and they felt the criticism was a bit demoralising BUT I am speaking with them tomorrow and we will work on making sure it is both useful to the group and meets the criteria.
    And a fifth I have not been able to make contact with to see their reaction – but I have seen the feedback as it was copied to me as RM. Top priority is to get to speak to that group asap…

Profile photo of Alice
    Alice

Helen – I didn’t realise it was you so to speak! Which group are you talking about (you can always email me privately) and we can talk through it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.