Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Community right to bid and Assets of Community Value

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Community right to bid and Assets of Community Value

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of daveboyle daveboyle 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Abgail
    Abgail

Hi all,

My name is Abigail Heraty and I am a student at the University of Manchester, studying Town Planning. I am currently undertaking research as part of my dissertation into measuring the success of the 2011 Localism Act – Community right to bid and Assets of Community Value.

I am trying to find statistics on the use of listing an ACV and communities that have actually bided for an asset and the successful bids. I am struggling to find such data. I have been able to use the GIS map provided by DCLG and was wondering if any body knew if there was any published sources of data? http://communities.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=d195c3134caa46b5a638ad0c4f0cce77

Any help would be really appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Abigail

Profile photo of daveboyle
    daveboyle
    Participant

Hi Abigail,

That map is OK, but a cursory look at the listings near me in Brighton tells me it’s not comprehensive (or that the geotagging is working properly).

The Plunkett Foundation did a trawl through every LA website up to February 2016 and categorised the ACVs by sector but although they’ve used it internally, I’ve not seen the raw data being made available as yet, but there has been talk of creating such a resource.

There’s also an PhD student at Reading who was doing research in the same area, with whom I had some contact; her list was up to around last June (I think she’s on maternity leave at present, so might not respond immediately!) – see here for more details: http://www.camra.org.uk/news/-/asset_publisher/1dUgQCmQMoVC/content/researcher-requires-assistance-with-study-into-assets-of-community-val-2

All the best,

Dave Boyle
    Director
    The Community Shares Company

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.