Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Community Development Foundation Closure Announcement

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Community Development Foundation Closure Announcement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Dear All,

The Community Development Foundation has announced that it is to close in 2016

While the organisation could continue trading until beyond 2018, trustees and the senior team at CDF have decided unanimously that the best way to keep the flag flying for community development is to transfer all assets (reserves, intellectual property and, possibly, programmes and products) to another organisation or organisations better positioned to achieve its charitable objectives in the long term.

CDF will be working with Locality, DCLG and partners to ensure that the My Community Network is supported and that there is continuity in the future.

Alison Seabrooke, Chief Executive, said

“The operating environment has changed radically and we are convinced we must act now from a position of strength. We will fulfil our contractual obligations until March 2016. Some staff will stay on until the end of April 2016 to finalise these and to deliver a well-managed closure.”

Andrew Robinson, MBE, Chair said

“Many may well be shocked by this decision, but good stewardship demands that we consider the interests future beneficiaries, not just past and present.”

At the end of the shutdown there will be substantial resources and assets to distribute in line with CDF’s governing document and charity law. Trustees are about to embark, in January 2016, on a process of identifying the likely recipient/s of these.

We’ll update everyone again in the new year.

Best Wishes
    Gemma

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

hi gemma, sorry to hear. CDF have supported us in our journey and the project we now run has carried forward the legacy from our Community First Panel. Now that we are a Registered Charity we hope to carry on the aims of the Community First Panel via our Trust fund.

Thanks to everyone at CDF for all your hard work and support, and we hope to stay in contact with anyone from CDF who could support us in our next stages of our project.

Thanks
    David Baxter

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma / David**

Hi Both.

Thanks for these posts. Sorry also to hear about CDF closure.

NALC strongly encourages all My Community parishes to continue working hard to March, 2016 to deliver their My Community projects working with CDF, NALC, Locality and all other My Community partners.

Thanks again,

Chris (NALC)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.