Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

CED Programme – Live catch up with the team

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… CED Programme – Live catch up with the team

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sarah Sarah 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that the next Community Economic Development live chat will be on Tuesday 1 December 12.30-1.30pm here in this thread.

The theme of the chat will be a general catch up with the team so if you have any questions or would like to share any successes or challenges, this is the place to do it!

As always, if you can’t make it on Tuesday feel free to post your questions here and the team will get back to you asap.

See you next week – any technical problems please email communications@cdf.org.uk

Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

NALC hopes that all My Community parishes take part in this exciting CED web chat.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to the live chat at 12.30 with the CED team! Just a reminder you need to be logged in to post in the forum and if you’ve forgotten your password you can change it on the log in screen by following the link.

Any other technical issues please email communications@cdf.org.uk

Remember to tick the box at the bottom of the screen to notify you of follow up replies via email – that way you’ll find it easier to keep track of people posting as the forum can take a minute to refresh on it’s own.

Gemma

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to seeing you all here at 12.30 – we’re available to take questions on CED plans, technical support and anything else CED related!

Sarah
    CED Programme Manager

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

So here we are – ready to take your questions! It hasn’t been long since the last chat, but with the deadline for outline CED plans coming up on 18th December we thought there might be some burning questions… so fire away!

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

To kick things off – how is everyone getting on with their outline plans? Remember we are only looking for outlines at this point and we know that some groups will be further along than others. How are they coming along?

Profile photo of Mick Owen
    Mick Owen
    Participant

Hi there
    We have a plan in draft but there’s a huge amount of evidence still to be sifted and we are at various stages with the different threads.
    One of my current concerns is how to manage our “technical support”. Its seems like a valuable resource but I don’t know if i’m the commissioner or a customer. Does that make sense?
    Mick

Profile photo of nataliafernandez
    nataliafernandez
    Participant

Sarah hi

We have receied the link to attach draft plans and any relevant documents. Do you have a format that you would like to see? One that enables you to collect the information you require?

Natalia
    Adviser

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

While I wait for someone (anyone?) to arrive – I’ll take the opportunity to promote our learning reosurces which have come out recently.

For groups working on community consultation at the moment, our guide might be helpful:

http://mycommunity.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/150812-Learning-Material-Consulting-with-your-community-v3.pdf

Or if you’re working with data – have a look at this one:

http://mycommunity.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/150812-Working-with-local-data-learning-product.pdf

These resources have been produced specifically for the CED programme so hope they are useful!

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi there
    We have a plan in draft but there’s a huge amount of evidence still to be sifted and we are at various stages with the different threads.
    One of my current concerns is how to manage our “technical support”. Its seems like a valuable resource but I don’t know if i’m the commissioner or a customer. Does that make sense?
    Mick

Hi Mick,

Good to hear that you’re making progress with your plan – sounds like you already have more than an outline!

Your question about technical support does make sense – and I suppose I would say that it’s a bit of both. Ultimately, it’s important that you get out of the technical support what you need – if you don’t feel this is happening or you want to look at something different do discuss directly with the provider, or your adviser. We are also here to help so if there is anything specific you feel isn’t working or could be improved do get in touch with us at ced@uk.coop

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Sarah hi

We have receied the link to attach draft plans and any relevant documents. Do you have a format that you would like to see? One that enables you to collect the information you require?

Natalia
    Adviser

Hi Natalia,

Advisers and participant groups have all been sent a document titled ‘what makes a good CED Plan’ – attached again here and the webinar with advisers on 3rd November also covered this in a bit more detail.

Ultimately, we’re not looking for a specific format but following submission of the outline plans we will be working on more resources to help with producing the final plan. For outline plans, we’re looking for more focus on the first three sections:

Context :
    This should describe the geographic area which is the focus of the plan and can draw heavily on the Location Profile provided by the CED Programme Team, alongside any local information where necessary/desired.

Outcomes:
    This should reflect the work completed to date on the programme. It should clearly describe the outcomes the CED Plan is aiming to achieve. All planned activities identified in the detail of the plan should lead to one or more these outcomes so they need to be clearly described.

Engagement:
    This section should describe the engagement undertaken to date and any planned engagement to deliver the plan including key relationships and partnerships.

The final three areas (Planned Activities, Resources and Timetable) should also be included but it is not necessary for them to be at the same level of detail at this stage (see the attached guidance for more information on these areas).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nataliafernandez
    nataliafernandez
    Participant

Thank you Sarah I have this – which is hugely helpful

Are you able to accept documents in Word & Pages?

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Following up on Mick’s question – how is the technical support going?

We’d be interested to hear about what you have all been getting up to and what is planned for the new year.

Have you learnt something new?
    Found a new approach to looking at a local issue?
    Come up with more questions to answer?

Profile photo of Mick Owen
    Mick Owen
    Participant

Thanks, Sarah. I’ll make sure we stay in touch with our adviser I think as this is more landscape than ours.
    On the plan, yes, bits of it are moving along but others are still just in outline but I think we’d rather submit something that reflects the reality of our journey (Hark at me!) rather than a pretty looking document. Please tell me i’m right!

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Thank you Sarah I have this – which is hugely helpful

Are you able to accept documents in Word & Pages?

No problem Natalia – we can accept the document/s in MS Word format (.docx) or pdf. We might be able to manage other formats so let me know if you have something else in mind!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.