Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

CED Programme catch-up – starting to finalise CED Plans

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions CED Programme catch-up – starting to finalise CED Plans

This topic contains 35 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sarah Sarah 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Everyone

Join us here, January 20th 2016, 12.30pm – 1.30pm for a live chat with the CED programme team! The chat will be a chance to catch up with the team and each other, and also to ask any questions you might have about finalising your CED plans.

Looking forward to seeing you all here next week!

Any problems with logging in or with your account, please email communications@cdf.org.uk and we’ll be able to help. If you need to change your password you can do this from the sign in page.

Best Wishes

Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

NALC encourages all My Community parishes interested in community economic development to take part in this exciting web chat on 20/1.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to chatting with CED programme participants at 12.30pm today! Please pop in to ask any questions you might have about the final stages of the programme, including finalising your CED plans.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi all,

So here we are for our first chat of 2016!

I’m available for the next hour to answer your questions, and can pick up any that come in later if you’re not able to join us live!

Sarah

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Afternoon everyone, I’ve been given the task of finalising our CED plan so am looking for any ideas to help me complete it effectively

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

To get us started, I’d like to remind everyone of the really useful learning resources we have put together on the programme so far.

When we reviewed the outline plans we felt there were some which could do a bit more work on engaging with their local community on their CED aspirations. This handy guide provides some useful tips and techniques:

http://mycommunity.org.uk/resources/community-economic-development-consulting-with-people-locally/

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Afternoon everyone, I’ve been given the task of finalising our CED plan so am looking for any ideas to help me complete it effectively

Hi Andy,

Great to have you here!

Hopefully by now your group has received feedback from your adviser on your outline plan. That will be a useful starting point in terms of starting to work on your final plan. Was the feedback your received helpful?

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

In terms of specific next steps, I think your group was planning to undertake some engagement in the early part of this year? If so – the guide I linked to above should be useful for planning the engagement. Once completed, you’ll really need to work on identifying what the feedback is telling you – does this change the outcomes you are working towards? Has the feedback given you some new insight which hadn’t previously been investigated? Really try and make sure that what you learn is embedded into the plan and together with the local context directly informs what your next steps will be.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hi everyone, it’s Chris Shaw from Ashton Green Enterprise here, we’re leading on the Beaumont Leys CED project. We’re still doing the work on the plan, two pieces of work have been commissioned but won’t be completed until the first or second week in February. How does that look in terms of your timetable for finalising the plan?

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

When we reviewed the outline plans we thought there were a few plans which needed to do a bit more work on engagement; either by actually doing it between now and putting together the final plan, or in some cases explaining better what engagement has take place, what the feedback was, and how this was taken forward.

Remember, these aren’t Economic Development Strategies – they’re CED plans. And with the C standing for community it’s really important that you show that your plan is community led.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew

Hi Andy,

In addition to the resources Sarah has shared, you have access to additional technical support from the programme which Jan requested from nef. Please involve me to help you develop the programme and to deliver the plan, or let me know if you would like help from nef centrally.

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

thanks Andrew, you will no doubt be my first point of call

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone, it’s Chris Shaw from Ashton Green Enterprise here, we’re leading on the Beaumont Leys CED project. We’re still doing the work on the plan, two pieces of work have been commissioned but won’t be completed until the first or second week in February. How does that look in terms of your timetable for finalising the plan?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for dropping in! The deadline for the final plan is 11th March – so continuing your work in February is fine, so long as you have time to incorporate the findings into your final plan.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

Hi there,

At Monkey Park in Chesterfield we’re also running a bit later than the original timetable suggested, but we’re starting to make real progress beyond our draft. Our community business network meets next Monday and our volunteer community organisers are being trained tomorrow afternoon. We then have an intensive period of listening to both groups to flesh out the plan, which we expect to be in a good state by March but will continue to evolve over the next year.

Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers
    Simon

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

In addition to the resources Sarah has shared, you have access to additional technical support from the programme which Jan requested from nef. Please involve me to help you develop the programme and to deliver the plan, or let me know if you would like help from nef centrally.

Thanks Andrew. A good point to note – all participants should still be working with their allocated adviser (who will have passed on the outline plan feedback) who can provide support and guidance on finalising the plan. In some cases there will also be some technical support time remaining, so do check in with your adviser if you’re not sure where this is at.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.