Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

CED Live Chat 29 February – Finalising your CED Plan

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions CED Live Chat 29 February – Finalising your CED Plan

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of adrianashton adrianashton 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hello Everyone,

On Monday 29 February at 12.30pm there will be a live chat here in this thread with the CED team on the topic of ‘Finalising your CED Plan’.

The team will be here to answer all of your questions, but as always, if you can’t make it on the day please leave your question here in this thread and someone will get back to you shortly.

Looking forward to hearing from you all next week

Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

Thanks for this. NALC strongly encourages all My Community parishes to take part in this exciting CED web chat.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to chatting to you all from 12.30! The deadline for the CED plans for CED programme participants is next Friday so this is your opportunity to ask the programme team any last minute questions!

Sarah

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

So here we are for the final live chat of the CED Programme!

Post your questions/comments here and we’ll reply as soon as we can before 1.30pm.

How is everyone getting on with finalising their plans following the regional learning events in London last week, and Wakefield on 11 February?

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Just while we wait for any questions or comments I’ll remind you all of the participants survey which closes today. You will have received a link directly as a CED Programme participant – so if you haven’t completed it already please do so this afternoon… It’s really important to use to receive your feedback.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reminder about the survey.

Could you also tell me, what will happen once groups have submitted their CED plans on 11th March – will they receive feedback on them?

Thanks
    Gemma

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reminder about the survey.

Could you also tell me, what will happen once groups have submitted their CED plans on 11th March – will they receive feedback on them?

Thanks
    Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Great question – we will be reviewing the plans as quickly as we can following receipt and so will hope to get feedback to groups before the end of March. For some groups we may suggest some tweaks to the plan before we sign it off together with DCLG. For others we will sign off but will provide some feedback to help implement next steps.

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

While I’m here I’ll remind everyone of our great CED resources which we have put together over the last few months. We’re still working on more so watch this space!

mycommunity.org.uk/programme/community-economic-development

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Sarah Sarah.
    Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

I’m guessing the radio silence is due to everyone being busy with finalising their CED plans – which is great!

I’ll take the opportunity to remind you all of the exciting My Community National Networking event being held in Birmingham on Thursday 24 March. It’s a free event and it will be a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and hear about community rights projects happening across the country.

More information and registration here:

https://lgaevents.local.gov.uk/lga/frontend/reg/thome.csp?pageID=56741&eventID=194&traceRedir=2&eventID=194#sthash.s756z4K2.dpuf

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

If you need some inspiration from elsewhere on all things CED pop into our Resource Bank, hosted by Responsible Finance:

http://responsiblefinance.org.uk/ced-resource-bank

There’s lots of great examples from the UK and abroad on CED working in practice including these examples of working with large anchor organisations to effect local change:
    http://responsiblefinance.org.uk/ced-resource-bank/anchor-institutions/

Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

I’m signing off now – but do post your questions and comments up here later on today or whenever if you’ve got any, and I’ll reply as soon as possbile.

Good luck with getting your plans in on time!

Sarah

Profile photo of adrianashton
    adrianashton

Hi Sarah – sorry for ‘radio silence’ on my part (was with one if the communities at the time…);

Also – wasn’t able to complete the feedback survey as by time I’d been able to confer with my communities to make sure I captured everything pertinent, the link had expired. But hopefully you can extrapolate and pull out key themes from the monthly update reports that have been submitted?

Adrian

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.