Hi. I’m new to all this. I’m an adult social care user. I’m working with the local council to improve care standards. I had a care agency who were rubbish. I have had a goldplated Carer for three years now and want to set up a community care firm based on her training. Non-profit with complete focus on personal care, not the bottom line. My questions are has any one done anything like this and I’m thinking of using a Community Benefit Society to get community ownership. It is early days and I’m going to get community feedback. So far so positive tho. Would love to get comments back. Thanks
You need to speak to a really helpful chap called Cllr. Richard Bartley at Wye with Hinxhill Parish Council in Kent which is looking at integrating adult social care in its village. Google the council name and click on Councillors and Richard’s contact data are on there.
With ‘nedcare’ Moretonhampstead Development Trust aim to:
– Provide person-centred, CQC registered social care services, of the highest quality.
– Build a skilled, engaged and committed local workforce, operating under the best possible terms and conditions.
– Build a culture of openness and learning that ensures excellent standards and continuous improvement.
– Build the capacity of the community to meet the social care needs of its older residents, now and into the long term.
– Create a viable social enterprise that addresses market failure and provides vital local services.