Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Care CBS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amber Amber 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi. I’m new to all this. I’m an adult social care user. I’m working with the local council to improve care standards. I had a care agency who were rubbish. I have had a goldplated Carer for three years now and want to set up a community care firm based on her training. Non-profit with complete focus on personal care, not the bottom line. My questions are has any one done anything like this and I’m thinking of using a Community Benefit Society to get community ownership. It is early days and I’m going to get community feedback. So far so positive tho. Would love to get comments back. Thanks

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Kevin**

Hi Kevin.

You need to speak to a really helpful chap called Cllr. Richard Bartley at Wye with Hinxhill Parish Council in Kent which is looking at integrating adult social care in its village. Google the council name and click on Councillors and Richard’s contact data are on there.

Hope this helps,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Amber
    Amber
    Participant

Hello Kevin,
    Moretonhampstead Development Trust are developing a package around this in rural north east dartmoor.

This is an Our Place project Our Place

With ‘nedcare’ Moretonhampstead Development Trust aim to:

– Provide person-centred, CQC registered social care services, of the highest quality.
    – Build a skilled, engaged and committed local workforce, operating under the best possible terms and conditions.
    – Build a culture of openness and learning that ensures excellent standards and continuous improvement.
    – Build the capacity of the community to meet the social care needs of its older residents, now and into the long term.
    – Create a viable social enterprise that addresses market failure and provides vital local services.

Contact

Julia Darby
    Development Manager

Email: Julia@nedcare.org
    Tel: 01647 640722

Amber

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.