Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Can't attend your My Community Hub event?

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Can't attend your My Community Hub event?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gemma Gemma 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi All,

The My Community Hub events are fast approaching, and we’ve had quite a few people let us know that they can’t make the date but were keen to be involved. So, as we’d like as many of you to be involved as possible we’d like you to tell us what the priorities are for you locally and what you’d like the Hub to provide in your region.

Whether it’s a local networking space, an opportunity to discuss local issues and share your experiences, somewhere to deliver training or celebrate your successes – we want to know. The Hubs are your space and we need to know what you would like them to provide to help you to succeed in your local projects.

All you need to do is add your thoughts to this thread, or if you’d prefer to email me you can send them to mycommunitynetwork@cdf.org.uk and tell us which region you’re in.
    We will then then take them to the relevant session and feed them in to the discussions.

If your plans have changed and you can now make your session, you can still book a place here

Looking forward to hearing from you

Gemma

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Gemma**

Hi Gemma.

Thanks for this. NALC hopes that representatives fro My Community parishes unable to attend any of the Learning Hubs feed back alternative ways they wish to engage, by joining this thread.

Thanks,

Chris (NALC)

Profile photo of Pradeep
    Pradeep
    Participant

Hi Gemma,

I’m not sure at this stage if I’ll be able to attend the event in Chichester for the South East region.

I’m in the process of developing a new foster care service in Sussex called ‘Local Fostering’ so for me, I would be looking to learn about groups or events where I could talk about the huge demand for fostering in this area and hope to encourage people to become foster carers.

Sussex has a higher than national average number of children in care and so anything to help promote the service and increase awareness of fostering would be helpful.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Pradeep,

That’s great, thanks for getting in touch, I’ll make sure that we take that along to the meeting.

If you can come along just let us know and it would be lovely to meet you.

This goes for everyone really, but if you are unable to attend but would like someone else to come along in your place then that’s fine. And equally, if you know of colleagues/ friends/ partner organisations etc that may benefit from attending please feel free to invite them along.

Thanks
    Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Hey Gemma,

Myself and a colleague will be attending the North West one, if there are enough for a session?

Cheers
    Claire

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Claire,

Brilliant – looking forward to meeting you both! Yes, the session will be going ahead so if you come across anyone else who might like to come along and get involved then feel free to send them the link to register for a place.

See you next week
    Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Great stuff, will have a think 🙂
    I know some other people that are part of ‘The Big Lunch Extras’ programme, if you are familiar with that? Would they be relevant people for the hub?

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hello,

The Hubs are for anyone locally who is interested in their area and wants to get more involved with/ hear more about what others in their region are up to.

These initial sessions are really about scoping out what people want the Hubs to provide and looking into the most effective ways that we can facilitate those things to happen. So the answer is, if they’re interested then, yes! All we’d say is that if they were going to get involved then we’d like them to sign up to the My Community Network – it’s free and only takes a minute, and is done through Just Act so really simple!

Thanks for spreading the word!

Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Will see who I can pester to come along 🙂

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Hi Gemma, will the Community Hubs be in regions such as Manchester or Liverpool or would there be scope for projects like ours in Wigan to be a Hub? We are currently one of a few Community Hubs funded by Wigan Council but as we are Borough Neutral between Wigan and Leigh we are being viewed as the lead hub, in particular for Social Enterprise, hence the reason behind our Our Places project.

As part of the Greater Manchester Devolution we are keen to link into more wider schemes, such as from a North West region.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi David

Thanks for getting in touch. There’s no reason why there couldn’t be a hub in Wigan, provided that there was sufficient interest. The idea is that wherever possible the hub venues will move around the region hopefully giving people the best chance of being able to attend an event/ meeting wherever they are based. So if the Liverpool hub wasn’t suitable then we could definitely look into it.

The My Community Hubs are being set up as a regional resource rather than by project, but we’ve taken the approach that we’ll set them up where they’re needed.
    We’d probably benefit from having a conversation about this in a bit more detail. If you email me with your contact details then I can give you a call when you’re free to chat.

Gemma

Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

Unfortunately can’t make the session today, as I have to talk to the local council late afternoon/early evening, about First Steps though, so that is something!

In terms of thoughts about future hubs, centralised location near a train station will work for us, don’t mind travelling a bit. In terms of times, would prefer sessions that don’t run over morning into afternoon, a defined morning, afternoon or evening slot would work best.

Profile photo of Gemma
    Gemma

Hi Claire,

Thanks for letting me know – we’re just about to get started but will make sure we feed back what happens.

Gemma

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.