Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

BUNGALOWS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sunil
    sunil
    Participant

My parents live in an area populated by several streets of single storey bungalows. The character of the area is underpinned by these low level buildings – the area is light and has a calming atmosphere because of the low level of building and the increased light that gets to street level. Our planning department is giving wholesale permission for newcomers to build into the roof space and create two storey dwellings from what have been low lying housing. The whole atmosphere is being changed from being a calm and serene area to a hustings and bustling high density one. My parents chose to live in single story dwellings. The newcomers have a choice as to whether they live in single or multi-level dwellings. Bungalows are slightly more expensive than similar 2-storey houses and are in sufficient supply. Can I halt the planners wholesale destruction of this community or at least open up a debate on whether this is what the neighbourhood wants because once done there is no going back. If you can afford a two storey building, why not convert a bungalow and why would the planners allow this irreversible change?

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

**Sunil**

Hi Sunil.

If you live in an area with a parish council, you should contact the clerk of the parish council / your local parish councillor and seek advice / representation as parish councils have the statutory right to be notified of all developments in their areas.

Thanks,

Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.