Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Ask the Our Place Pioneers – Live discussion, Thurs 2 Oct, 12pm – 1pm

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Ask the Our Place Pioneers – Live discussion, Thurs 2 Oct, 12pm – 1pm

This topic contains 65 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JustAct Crowdfunder JustAct Crowdfunder 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone

To launch Our Place on the Just Act Forum, we’re hosting a live discussion with Our Place Pioneers and researcher, Dr Lucy Spurling, this Thursday 2 October from 12pm – 1pm.

We’ll be chatting about Dr Spurling’s new research and asking questions of our Pioneers.

You can post your questions right now, in reply to this post, and they’ll be answered on the day or you can post on the day.

Look forward to seeing you back here on Thursday for the live chat.

Rebecca
    – Communications Officer at Locality

Hello and welcome to…

Ask the Pioneers – a live discussion about everything Our Place from 12pm – 1pm.

We have Pioneers Giles Percy and Andrea Beacham joining us, and Dr Lucy Spurling whose recently released research on the 12 Pioneers and the lessons learnt from the Pilot of the Our Place programme (http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/140918-FINAL-Learning-from-the-Our-Place-Pioneers-1.pdf).

To get us started, please do introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself … where you’re from and what you do (and what area if you’re on the current OP programme).

Rebecca

Profile photo of andrea
    andrea

Hello, I’m Andrea Beacham and I’m the Progamme Manager for One Ilfracombe, one of the 12 Our Place pilots. Looking forward to any questions you may have!

Profile photo of Giles
    Giles
    Participant

Hi Is anyone on this forum? This is Giles Piercy I chair White City Enterprise (emerged from the one of the original 12 Neighborhood Community Budgets Pilots, Now Our Place). I am also the Relationship Manager (RM)for Stockport and Trust Thamesmead Our Place areas.

Profile photo of Giles
    Giles
    Participant

Think it may be just me and thee Andrea!

Profile photo of Sophie
    Sophie
    Participant

Hi, I work for Locality and am a relationship manager for 2 Our Place areas in Yorkshire, following another 2 closely. I have 2 questions. What are the key messages to pass on to local authorities/public sector agencies in order to truly get to the bottom of spend/budgets allocated in an areas, when times are tough for their own staff? What type of projects you have found have had most success (or what contributed to their success?)
    Thank you,
    Sophie

Hi,

It’s Charlotte here from Just Act – if anyone needs any help on how the forum works, let me know!

If you refresh the page (or press F5) new comments will display below your post.

Charlotte

Profile photo of andrea
    andrea

Ah well, that’ll be easy then!

Profile photo of Giles
    Giles
    Participant

I think this has to be about trying to identify those services that local / community led delivery can do better and cheaper than current providers or services you can deliver that have the potential to reduce demand for services -e.g. this befriending service will prevent people from falling into expensive residential care

Profile photo of Sacha
    Sacha
    Participant

Hello

I’m Sacha, I work for The Wharton Trust in the Dyke House area of Hartlepool. We are involved in a number of Localism style programmes, including Big Local, Star People, Community Organisers and Our Place.

Profile photo of Lucy
    Lucy
    Participant

Hi,

It has been great working with the Pioneers over the last few months to gather together examples of what they are implementing and their reflections on the process of implementing their Operational Plans, and develop an Our Place model based on their experiences. I hope this material will be useful for everyone else taking forward the Our Place approach.

Lucy
    DCLG Researcher

Just a tip on replying to people – within the post, there is a reply button that will make your comment appear within that post. It’s located in the top right hand corner in grey capitals.

Profile photo of andrea
    andrea

“What are the key messages to pass on to local authorities/public sector agencies in order to truly get to the bottom of spend/budgets allocated in an areas, when times are tough for their own staff?”

I would say you need top-level authorisation from each local authority/public sector agency. As you say, staff time is tight and asking for spend-breakdown in just one area is time-consuming and not core business. If there is top-level direction about this it helps, so first step is convincing those partners of the benefit.

Profile photo of Belinda
    Belinda
    Participant

Hi

I’m Belinda from Community First in Wiltshire I’m a member of our local Our Place programme which focuses on social isolation and loneliness in older people. Just wanting to gain hints and tips ref: developing the operational plan etc.

Profile photo of Giles
    Giles
    Participant

I know that One Ilfracombe has done good work on spend Mapping. I have found it useful for some services to be very clear about which postcodes you want data for. Also need to be practical fo which services do you need precise data will a proxy work in some cases?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.