Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Re: Our first live discussion Wednesday 11 June 2014

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Our first live discussion Wednesday 11 June 2014 Re: Our first live discussion Wednesday 11 June 2014

Profile photo of Sandra
Sandra
Participant

[b]Quote from charlotte.stuffins on June 11, 2014, 12:26[/b]
[quote][b]Quote from sandratrickett on June 11, 2014, 12:19[/b]
In the town where I live I have found that there are lots of little groups doing lots of great things but there is nothing to link them all together and from personal experience sometimes you just need a bit of encouragement from someone who has been through the same challenges faced when setting up a community group. This thought is really what got me started, our group links together several groups even though they are still independent we have really benefited from working together on several projects and the whole community has come together.

That’s really interesting Sandra that you set out to try and link up groups in your area! You are from the Friends of Hopwood Park aren’t you? Did you find having a dedicated public place helped you to get people together and talking?[/quote]

Yes Claire having our own space did help, although to start with it was really run down and neglected. We made a great effort to get to know the diversities of community by linking in with key members from the different groups and basically chatting with them. Over time we have developed good relationships with these ones and get regular feed back so we know what we do is what they want.