Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: WHAT SORT OF OFFICAL ORGANISATION ?

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… WHAT SORT OF OFFICAL ORGANISATION ? Reply To: WHAT SORT OF OFFICAL ORGANISATION ?

Profile photo of Natasha
Natasha
Participant

Hi there @frankjustact , my advice would be to set up an unincorporated association with 2 people you really trust. All you have to do to create this is write up an appropriate constitution – don’t be scared you can just edit a template like this – http://www.communityactionmk.org/support-and-information-for-groups/setting-up-and-running-a-group/simple-constitution-template/

By doing this you will be able to get a free community bank account which means you are able to apply for lots more funding.

Also, you can take out public liability insurance, any individual person can. I use Markel Insurance as they were really affordable and I could apply online. They also covered my volunteers.

You might be hard pushed to find the above advice – believe me a lot of people do not even understand what a non-profit is! If you need more help please just get in touch with me – I am starting to know all this inside out!

Natasha

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Natasha Natasha.