Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Friday 31 October, 12:30-1:30pm: Live discussion

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Friday 31 October, 12:30-1:30pm: Live discussion Reply To: Friday 31 October, 12:30-1:30pm: Live discussion

Profile photo of Alex
Alex
Participant

Hi all,

I work for CDF and recently met up with the YMCA in Crewe. Part of the way they were able to raise additional funding was very interesting and I think quite relevant to this discussion. As the YMCA are a relatively large organisation, they are perhaps not the sort of organisation that would traditionally apply for funding from us at CDF. However, they have used our relatively small grants to ‘trial’ on a small scale certain projects. This has meant that they were able to produce evidence of how successful these projects were when applying for larger grants. I think this is something that groups should keep in mind when applying for grants, whatever the size of the grant you are applying for. The grant giver is looking for projects that will give value for money and that they think will to be successful. Having evidence that shows the project will most likely be successful can work really well.