Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb Reply To: Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb

Profile photo of Faye
Faye
Participant

Thanks Emma,

It will be interesting to see the updated map. I did find an old one online, in which there were 4 NP champions in Norfolk, but none in the District where I am situated. I hope that the updated map will show more champions as Norfolk is a big county with very diverse needs (rural/city/coastal etc).
Personally I would be interested in how to overcome an obstructive LPA. Our district council contracts all planning services to a private company. The staff turnover in this planning department is high and (if numerous facebook posts are to be believed) staff morale is at rock bottom. There is no enthusiasm for Neighbourhood Plans at District level which seem to be perceived by the LPA as an inconvenience and trying to obtain information from the LPA to assist us with our policies is like pulling teeth. It is not unknown for us to have to request information under FoI, which is time consuming and, in my opinion, quite unnecessary as the information should be readily available. I’m hoping that in my role as champion I can work with the LPA and provide a link between the LPA and the parishes which are now starting out with their NPs. I want to try to enthuse the LPA and encourage them to embrace NPs – because they are not going away! I would like to be clear on what support the LPA gets from the government and would be interested in whether any other parishes have had this problem and what they did to overcome it.
Obviously it would be good if the case in my District is isolated, but if there are any other cases out there, it would help us all out.
Kind regards
Faye