Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb

Home The Just Act Forum Just Act live discussions Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb Reply To: Key Topics for Neighbourhood Planning Champions Residential Live Chat – 10 Feb

Profile photo of Jeff
Jeff
Participant

Unfortunately I won’t be at the residential event as I’ll be working. However, from the various comments and queries I’ve seen on this forum, most of the Champions posting are quite experienced in Neighbourhood Planning, either having completed their NP and willing to offer hints and tips to others, or quite far down the line. If the likely audience at the live event is similar, then issues of interest going forward are probably less about the mechanics of doing a NP from scratch and more about long term issues, eg:

– legal status and weight of NPs in furture decision making, in the context of a shifting or developing Local Plan
– Appeals: future Sec of State intervention in appeals when an NP is an issue and weight given to a NP
– Neighbourhood Plan reviews advice (since there is no actual legal requirement to review them, unlike Local Plans) – eg regular review or event triggered?
– Case Law update
– Case studies
– CIL local financial benefits of having a NP in place (update from around the country on which Parish Councils have benefited from this, ie have a NP in place AND a LPA which has introduced CIL)
– Funding availability and support from CLG and LA’s in the future

If the papers and notes of the conference could also be made available on line for people who are unable to attend, that would also be useful please.