Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Neighbourhood Planning Champions – Introduce Yourself!

Home The Just Act Forum Champions Neighbourhood Planning Champions – Introduce Yourself! Reply To: Neighbourhood Planning Champions – Introduce Yourself!

Profile photo of Amy Shepherd
Amy Shepherd

Hi, I am Amy Shepherd, the Clerk for Bishops Lydeard and Cothelstone Parish Council. I have been in post for nearly two and a half years and during that time have supported the development of the Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish.

Bishops Lydeard and Cothelstone are located in the borough of Taunton Deane in Somerset and Bishops Lydeard has been designated as a Major Rural Centre in the Borough Councils Core Strategy.

The Neighbourhood Plan has just undergone its independent examination, the report from the examiner was received last week and subject to some small changes the examiner has recommended that the plan go through the referendum process and (subject to which) can be adopted – which is very good news.

In addition to my role supporting the parish council in its development of the plan I also fulfil a role with the local county council and therefore have a good understanding of local government both roles compliment each other in that I pick up good knowledge from one which is useful in the other.

I feel that I am have become completely engulfed in the world of neighbourhood planning and am looking forward to helping others through the process and aiding their understanding.

Amy