Home › The Just Act Forum › Ask a question… › Our Place live Q&A and Operational Plans – 24 September 2015 › Reply To: Our Place live Q&A and Operational Plans – 24 September 2015
Our Place is about service transformation and the Operational Plan is your chance to show us what will change and why.
There are Seven essential elements to include in your Operational Plan
1. Vision and Context
A clear vision for the future.
2. Effective service transformation informed by your community
• A convincing case for change in your area
• Clear proposals for service transformation
• How the service transformation will bring the desired improvements
• How benefits will outweigh costs
• All anchored in community need and informed by community engagement.
• Plans for pooling, devolving or aligning budgets
• How these budgets will be sourced
• How the budgets will be used to achieve your vision and deliver your proposals.
• Consideration of all the resources needed – e.g. human, financial, investment, capital requirements
• How these resources will be sourced.
5. Partnership, leadership and governance
• Partners you have in place
• Why these are the right partners
• Demonstration of partners commitment and support, now and going forward
• Viable and sustainable governance and leadership arrangements.
6. Implementation plan
A realistic and achievable plan that is ready to go from April and supported by a good strategy/approach for sustaining the service transformation.
7. An easy to navigate, brief, well-structured, public document
Readers will include:
• your community
• funders and investors
• The Department for Communities and Local Government
• Our Place areas