Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Are you thinking about becoming a My Community Champion?

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Are you thinking about becoming a My Community Champion? Reply To: Are you thinking about becoming a My Community Champion?

Profile photo of david
david
Participant

Hi all,

I became a Community Champion for the Our Place programme in 2013 and am continuing that role now even though our direct involvement in Our Place has come to an end. In fact my organisation (Tadcaster & Rural CIC) is also now involved in the CED programme and we are looking for another Champion for that too.
My role was very much for the region of Yorkshire and Humber, trying to act as a focal point for those engaged in Our Place and helping them get together on a couple of occasions to share practice and network. I was expecting to be contacted by potential new groups but that never happened – maybe in the future who knows? Anyway, Id encourage anyone thinking about it to do it – it’s not a life long commitment and the more of us there are, the more it becomes sustainable and utilised by groups on the ground and the funders too.
It would be good to get all the Champions together sometime and to also factor in some real funding at some point in the future?
cheers
David