Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Profile photo of Justin
Justin
Participant

I wrote a blog post recently at http://mycommunity.org.uk/newsevents/parish-power-can-boost-the-my-community-programmes/ which touches on how some of our councils have been involved in Our Place as we’d love to see many more getting involved and following the lead of councils like in Trowbridge and Wye!

So Trowbridge Town Council in Wiltshire have delivered a place management project involving a car park review and new Masterplan adopted, while Wye-with-Hinxhill Parish Council in Kent are focusing on adult social care and working closely with Kent County Council to integrate the new Community Connector with the existing Community Warden service.

In addition 10 parish councils have also been funded and supported under the new Emerging Potential programme over the last 12 months to lay the foundations for more sustainable joined up service delivery in their areas. Ivybridge Town Council in Devon, for example, have led a project to sustain local youth service provision in the town.

We’d really like to see more parishes thinking about how they might work with local partners to tackle issues in their area and then get help and support from the Our Place programme, plus getting involved in the My Community network. There’s so much great stuff going on by parish councils so they can only benefit from getting involved in the network and learning from what is happening elsewhere.