Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Profile photo of Deb
Deb
Participant

Neighbourhood planning is a detailed piece of work and is not to be undertaken lightly. Start talking to your Local Planning Authority at an early stage and find out how they can help. As well as overcoming technical challenges, people within your community will hold a wide range of views on almost any topic, but particularly planning. During the development of your plan, you will need to work really hard to ensure that everyone can have a say and then find ways to reach a consensus on how to move forward.

The plan also needs to be written in terms of planning policies which can be backed up by evidence

If you are managing the allocation of housing, you will need an objective set of criteria for site selection.

The neighbourhood planning roadmap gives useful guidance about each step of the plan’s development and you can apply for grants and technical support to help you make progress.

There is a link to the roadmap here:
http://mycommunity.org.uk/resources/neighbourhood-planning-roadmap/