Welcome Guest, please login to post to forums

Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Home The Just Act Forum Ask a question… Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community Reply To: Weds 1 April Q&A – find out about My Community

Profile photo of Kenneth
Kenneth
Participant

I was was heavily involved with producing a Parish Plan but a few years ago only to find that just as we completed it neighbourhood plans were introduced that obviously carry much more weight with regard to development especially housing. We realised that the Parish Plan was more or less old hat and relatively ineffective.

Thanks Kenneth, best of luck with everything you’ve got coming up. Just so you know, too, at 1:30 we’ll have someone from NALC (the National Association of Local Councils) on hand sharing advice and information about town and parish councils. So do drop in if you’ve got any questions.
Maybe I should just be going through the help link or not an appropriate question at this point and if so put me right. Our local village hall that is run as a charity for and by the community is facing the same dilemna as many others. In order to sustain it financially it has to take hire bookings where it can and so becomes more commercial making it less available to parishioners. Is there any help, advice or funding that could redress the balance.